The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bragging Rights

Even though my daughter has been accepted to and will attend MIT, she has yet to receive notice from 4 of the other schools she has applied to. We should be hearing from all of them this week, with 2 (Harvard and Berkeley) giving notice tomorrow online. I'm still excited to hear what the other schools say. Before she heard from any of them, I predicted she would get into 5 of the 8 she applied to. She's already been accepted at 3 of the 4 she's heard from so far, and I'm sure she'll get into Berkeley, so I think my prediction will be just about right.

I really hope she gets accepted into Stanford, because it was when we lived up in that area when she was younger that she started talking about going there. I know she won't change her mind, but I want her to be able to say, "Yeah, I always wanted to go there, and I got accepted, but decided to do something better." Plus, she is hoping to do graduate work there at SLAC, and I don't know whether or not they check if someone was accepted for undergraduate work when reviewing applications for grad school, but just in case they do, it would be nice to have had that acceptance.

A little more waiting here....not with the same anticipation of 2 weeks ago, but with excitement still the same. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home