The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, September 19, 2008

9 More Weeks

After having a house on the market for 16 months, I am happy that it is finally now in escrow. If all goes as planned, it will close October 9. This was the big event I needed to have happen before my divorce could be finalized, for tax reasons. That will now happen, as requested in my court documents, on December 31, though it could have happened today, since the original documents were served 6 months ago.

I'm going crazy with next to nothing to do, so ended up applying for a part time law clerk position with a criminal law attorney. I have an interview this afternoon for that. It would be nice to have something to do for the next few months.

Has it really been 7 weeks since I finished taking the bar exam? I guess that makes next Friday the halfway point between taking it and finding out the results. I know the waiting is supposed to be the hardest part, but the boredom, not the waiting, is what is getting me. I need to find something to keep myself busier.

Labels: , ,