The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Four and a Half Months

It's too long, and it's too short. While I'm more than ready to be done with law school, I hate the thought of leaving my internship at the US Attorney's office. I love what I do and the responsibilities I have there. I wish I could just stay.

I remember when I first interviewed for this position, after hearing the description of everything I'd be doing, I was scared! I couldn't imagine HOW I would do it. But I told myself not to worry that I'd figure out how later. Of course now, I just laugh because nothing I do is hard or scary at all. It really is just fun.

I feel so at home in the courtroom. The good news is that it looks like I'm going to have a number of trials before I leave, including one that will probably last the better part of a week later this month. I just hope I will be able to return to this courthouse once I'm a lawyer someday.

Labels: ,