The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sigh......

She's gone. I woke up yesterday morning at 3:30, even though my alarm was set for 5:30. My son and I got home from taking her to the airport about 7. I just hate going into her empty room. She's not even going to come home for Thanksgiving this year. It's just too hard to spend two days traveling for a four day weekend. So, it's four months until I see her again.

For all my thinking that I'm not as emotional as most other females, I certainly don't seem to stay in that category when it involves my kids. I just can't help it. Being a mom is the only thing I really wanted to do since I was little. Yeah, I'm on my way to becoming a lawyer now, but that whole thing is just a recent idea. Nothing I had dreamed about for years. So it's just hard to have what makes you a mom being so far away, and once again, not really needing you a whole lot.

Somehow I thought that because this was her second year away it would be a little easier. Yeah, I didn't cry quite as much at the airport yesterday as I did last year, but I'm still crying today. Ok, so four months.....let the countdown begin.

Labels: