The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I Don't Have to Tell You What a 90 Point Win Is

My boyfriend and I haven't played Scrabble for a couple weeks. After our previous game, he was ahead in the cumulative scoring by 74 points. Ouch! However, my win by 90 points last night has inched me back into the cumulative lead by 16 points. :)

Oh, and for those of you looking closely, no, neither of us played "quizzes" on the opening play for a bingo. He played "quiz" to open, and I later added the rest (which wasn't so bad for 25 points). Personally, I think "joint" (which also gave me "qi", "un" and "it") for 29 points was my best play.

I suppose I should stop while I'm ahead or he'll want to play again tonight (and probably beat me by 17 points!).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home