The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Do Not Give Me That Knowing Grin!

While in law school, I was much too busy to rant about all the little mundane things in life that annoy me so much. Lucky for you, now I have the time to do so! ; )

Last week, I went to the DMV to change my name on my driver's license. They punched a hole through the expiration date on my license and gave me a temporary paper license. When using my credit cards (which are now in my maiden name), I have been showing sales clerks both the old and new (paper) licenses, which I have clipped together. I thought it would make it easier for them to see that everything is valid.

Yesterday I went to a party store to get some supplies. Both clerks were wearing Halloween costumes. The guy who waited on me was a tall, white guy, wearing a long, black, dreadlock wig and tie dyed shirt. After charging my purchase, he asked to see my id. When I pulled out my licenses and handed them to him, he looked at me, pointed to the punched out date, and smiled.

"Oh, mine has that too!" he said, thinking he had connected with another fellow DUI-er. "Yeah, I just got my license back."

You big loser, I thought to myself. "Um, I just changed my name. That's all." Ugh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home