The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Who Is Everyone Talking To??? And Why Do They Have to Do It When I Can Hear Them?

I'm not saying that I don't carry my cell phone with me, and answer it when I am out, but I don't really understand having long, involved conversations on one when you are out in public. It is almost like people think they enter a soundproof bubble when they answer the phone, forgetting that everyone around them can hear every word they say.

When I was out running errands this morning, it seemed like half of the people in stores were talking on their cell phones. Here are some of the conversation snippets I heard:
"Dad already yelled at me for that. I don't know why he thinks I intentionally forgot."

"I'm sorry about crying yesterday. I just had a total meltdown."

"Yeah, she is really going to get it."
None of these conversations were short ones, but quite involved. None appeared to be any emergency. So, why? You couldn't possibly, um, I don't know, wait until you got in your car or home before doing this?

While I'm at it, all of you people walking around with those bluetooth devices sticking out of your ears while you are walking around in public look like idiots!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home