The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Back to Real Life...No Longer a Law School Zombie

Life has been a blur since finding out last Friday that I passed the California Bar Exam. I had mentally prepared myself to begin the excruciating process of studying for it for 2 months again, so when I found out that was not in my future after all, I jumped right back into real life.

The first thing I did is send off 3 applications and resumes to agencies for which I would most like to work. I'm hoping to get at least one interview and offer out of those. (Every boss I have ever had has absolutely loved me, so I know whomever ends up with me will be very pleased.) If that doesn't work, I'll just see what else I can find. Family law had been my second choice when I started law school (and I took 3 electives in that area) so that would be another possibility. We'll see.

The next thing I did was make an offer on a house! :) After going back and forth on the price for a couple days, we finally agreed and I'm in escrow on it now. It closes December 5th! Yes, you read that right. NEXT FRIDAY! Yes, I admit I'm kind of psycho when it comes to getting stuff done, but really, it made more sense this way. I can be in, settled, and decorate for Christmas before my daughter comes home on the 20th. Plus, it isn't likely I would interview, get an offer, and start a new job that fast, so better to do all this now then after I start a job and don't have as much time.

I've been swamped with house stuff the last couple of days, as you can imagine with having a 10 day escrow which includes a long holiday weekend. The appraisal was on Monday and the inspection was this morning (by one of my law school friends!). This weekend I need to go buy a refrigerator for delivery on the 5th. Hoping that won't be a problem.

Next week I need to pack and get everything ready to go. Oh, and there's a little ceremony on Wednesday. Something about swearing. Yeah, can't forget to go to that...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home