The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

What To Do?

Now that there are only 8 days left until the results of the California Bar Exam are posted online, I'm thinking about the details. I think anyone and everyone I have talked to in the last month knows the results are being posted at 6pm that day. I have been telling people that I will call them if I pass, or email them if I don't. Beyond that, then what?

Do I make reservations to go out somewhere nice and celebrate that night? But if I do that, and don't pass, how bad will I feel then? Or do I just celebrate with the bottle of champagne that is already waiting in the refrigerator on Friday and figure out something to do on Saturday, should the situation be celebratory?

It's even a bit trickier because I have no doubts that my brilliant boyfriend passed. But of course I have doubts about my own performance. I don't want to have the mixed emotions of being excited for him, yet upset about my own results. Hopefully, that won't happen and we will both pass.

If you took and passed, tell me in the comments how and when you celebrated. If you didn't pass, tell me what you did to console yourself!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home