The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, October 03, 2008

7 More Weeks

I'm past the halfway point now, so I know these next 7 weeks are going to fly by. Yep, before you know it, I will be logging on to the California State Bar website and finding out if I passed the exam. Sigh....

At least there are a few events in the coming weeks to help distract me. This weekend, it is the Fresno Fair. It's been a tradition in my family to attend every year, look at the exhibits and eat some fair food. (My personal favorites are the soft tacos and cinnamon rolls. YUM!) Sometimes the weather doesn't cooperate and I remember more than once walking around the fairgrounds in 95+ degree heat! This year should be much more pleasant, though there is a chance of some rain tomorrow.

Hal Holbrook will be appearing as Mark Twain next weekend. My boyfriend and I already have tickets for that, so I'm looking forward to it. And of course, on the 15th is the debate between Judge Wanger and Alan Autry, for which we also have tickets.

Coming up in a couple weeks is the Civil War Revisited. I have taken my kids to that for years and we have always enjoyed it. History has been one of my son's favorite subjects so I think I will still be able to get him to attend with me.

Nice to have a few things to look forward to. But now I need to drive over to school. I heard that they put up the photos from my graduating class and I want to go take a look.

Labels: ,