The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, September 26, 2008

8 More Weeks

Today is the halfway point between taking the California bar exam and finding out the results. It seems like so long ago that I was sitting in that huge room with 1000 other people taking that 3 day test. Hard to believe I'm only halfway to the results.

In other news, everyone is concerned about the financial crisis. To make sure I don't have all my eggs in one basket, I have opened accounts at a couple of different banks in the last couple of weeks. Several offer a better interest rate on their savings accounts if you open the accounts online. I did this, but was astonished that Citibank turned me down! For a savings account! &$*%@! What the hell? I was trying to give them money, not asking for any!

It could not have been my credit score, which at 793, is in the excellent range. The only thing I can think of is maybe they are getting so cheap that they don't even want to pay the interest rate they are advertising. I guess if they are trying to drive away customers they are being successful! I am now taking my business elsewhere.

Labels: ,