The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

That was BRUTAL!

I knew it would be bad, but I had no idea HOW bad. First of all, the exam was set to start at 6:30pm. Normally the room I take my exams in is the first of 3 that start the tests. Of course, last night, our professor had us start LAST, so our room wasn't to finish until 9:56pm. Since he has to end the other rooms first, he was a few minutes late getting to ours, so we didn't finish until after 10pm. I'm sorry, that that is way tooooo late to have to be thinking clearly and logically.

Secondly, other than the late start and end time, it was just way too much to do. The test consisted, as I knew it would, of 2 essays and 10 short answers. I had planned on doing the essays first, to feel like I had the biggest part behind me before doing the short answers. However, the professor specifically said right before passing out the tests to do the short answers first. I guess I could have ignored him, but what the heck, I'm still a first year who respects her professors, so I listened. However, it totally threw me off because I felt from the start then that my time was going to be messed up and stuff.

Finally, I don't feel like I answered ANYTHING adequately enough, though I felt better about the second essay than anything else. My only hope at this point is that somehow I got an 85 or better on Torts, which could balance out 55s on CivPro and Contracts. I can't even think straight about it now! Since I got an 81 on the December midterm, to get a 55 in the class, I "only" needed to score 47 of 90 points for the final. I want to say I had to have at least done that, but seriously, I was not able to address things the full way they should have been. Time was a huge factor. It was not a matter of not knowing the material. I felt like I had to cut things short to get as much ground covered as possible. I did answer everything, but I know there were things I should have addressed and covered that I didn't. Oh well.

I now have 3 weeks to either contemplate all of the above, or just relax and not even think about it. I'll probably do the latter, though I do want to post a commentary on the first year of law school sometime. I'm more feeling the need to relax and unwind. The one drink I had after the exam with my study partner last night was not enough to do it. A nice start, but.....

To focus on something positive, besides actually finishing my first full year of law school, my darling pink denim Louis Vuitton handbag (that I bought as my reward for doing so) gets to make its first public appearance today. I'm going out in a few minutes, and it is already filled and ready to go! Ok, so it's something silly, but at least it takes my mind off of other things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home