The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Freaky!

Do you know what an apothecary jar is? It's like the one there at the left, used to decorate your house by displaying various things inside. I bought a set of 3 at Sam's Club a couple of weeks ago. I put apples in the medium jar and lemons (picked from a tree I planted myself from a seed!) in the large and small jars.

Anyway, the lemons were creating condensation in their jars, so every other day I would take the lids off to let that evaporate. The jars are not totally air-tight (notice that there is not a seal around the lid). I figured I should buy something else to use in those jars, but had not done so yet.

Last night when my boyfriend and I were in the kitchen, we heard a noise on the counter, but neither of us saw anything fall or look different in any way. However, this morning I noticed a crack in the smallest jar.

I removed all the lemons to get a better look and when I picked up the jar, the top portion came off! It had cracked all the way around, completely through the glass!

I've never heard of lemon fumes cracking glass before and don't know whether to just return the jar set for a refund and assume it is a poorly made product, or exchange it for another set and assume this one was a fluke.

Has anyone had something similar happen?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home