The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

To Try or Not to Try

As you may have guessed, the fate of my trial is up in the air. It probably has a good chance of being delayed. Either way, I should know more after a hearing Tuesday morning. Nothing like going down to the wire! We're basically ready to go. We organized all the exhibits this morning, and I have my opening and closing ready, though haven't really practiced them. If we get the go-ahead on Tuesday, then I will be rehearsing those like crazy!

I'm really glad I scheduled my classes so I don't have any on Monday. It's actually nice to work a full day then and feel like I start off the week productive, as it seems like the 4 hours shifts later in the week fly by way t0o fast to get much accomplished. I'm also really glad I only have 2 evening classes this semester. Even better is that they don't meet every week. Last week, neither met, and this week only one does. I've never liked evening classes, so I'm much happier not to be at school then.

I finished my paper for Advanced Research and Writing yesterday. It's not due until Tuesday night, but I wanted to just get it done. I did a minor edit on it already and am not sure if I'll end up doing any more or not. It's only worth 10% of our grade, so I'm not very motivated to put much more time into it. I think it is decent, but I really need to get some feedback on this one so I know more about what this specific professor looks for.

In other news, my daughter IS back at school at MIT and is doing well. She does have to be careful not to get too tired, but other than that, everything seems to be normal. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for her!

Not too much else going on. Just seems once the week starts, it is pretty much a blur until Friday afternoon. At least it is going to make this year go by quickly!

Labels: , ,