The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Almost Done with My Last Clinical

I only needed 72 hours to finish my last clinical unit, and after this coming week, I will have that done. Not that it really matters for anything. I'm going to keep working there until May, but I guess it just means I can stop keeping track of my hours.

Three weeks ago when I began this internship, I assumed that there was no reason it should take me more than a half hour to get from my home in the north part of town to my downtown office. I have now come to the conclusion that I have to get over that as long as I'm trying to be there at 8am. If I leave at 7:30am or any time later, I will be late. No question. I just have to leave between 7:20 and 7:25 to get there on time. It doesn't even matter if I take the freeway or city streets- I've done both and it takes the same either way. As much as I don't like it, I need to allow for the extra 10 minutes to beat everyone else to avoid getting caught in the last minute crunch.

Other than having to figure out that, I absolutely LOVE my internship. I'm working there 20 hours a week, and honestly, I so wish I was working there full time and done with school. Classes are such a nuisance.

I did finish my paper that is due on Tuesday this afternoon. So that means I actually have a free day tomorrow, well, after I put in a hour or so at work to get our exhibits organized for trial. I'm getting so used to working, being at school, or reading while at home, that is seems strange to have a whole day free. Something doesn't seem right....

Labels: ,