The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

There IS such thing as a FREE LUNCH!

To celebrate my birthday, hubby took me shopping and let me pick out some shoes at Macy's. (Don't even ask me how many pairs I own!!) Afterward, we were contemplating whether to go to a movie, or do more shopping. I originally wanted to go to Broilers, but since we were right there, I suggested we go to BJ's pizza. This place opened about a year ago, and we have been there twice. Each time, the service was horribly SLOW. One of those times, it was so bad, they comped our entire meal. Since it was pretty empty, we thought we would give them a third try. We were joking about it after we placed our order, and even made a note of the time, in case they did it to us again. We could not even believe it when we had to wait 30 MINUTES for 2 6" pizzas! The manager came over to apologize, and told us that they had messed up one of the pizzas, and someone mistakenly took the other one. We related to him their poor track record on our previous visits, and that it was my birthday. He comped the pizzas, drinks, and a brownie sundae, AND gave me a $25 gift certificate! Of course, that would mean I have to go back and subject myself to their horrible service, but hey, maybe I'll just pass it on to someone else. And I did get a free meal out of it!

We had a fun time in Disneyland. We had perfect weather, and while it was crowded, we still got on plenty of rides. I got to hang out with my sister (who lives near there) too, which I always enjoy. It was a nice break to just be with family and having fun. I can't believe my daughter is 18 though!

Tomorrow after church we're going over to my parent's house for their annual Easter parade and Easter egg hunt. I'm hoping it doesn't rain so we can be outside, but even if it does, it will still be fun over there.

In case I don't have time to post tomorrow....Happy Easter everyone....He is risen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home